Friday, December 22

Prisoner of passion


So why did I choose this name - prisonerofpassion? Its inspired by one of the best songs of India's greatest rock band so far - Indus Creed (inactive now) which goes by the name 'Prisoner of passion'. The lyircs are truly brilliant. Here they are:

Stanza 1
Trying to understand just what we are,
Searching in the parlours and the country bar,
Then you showed me how to care,
You cleaned me up and made me a man again,
Suddenly you disappeared an I found myself back on the road

Stanza 2
Thoughts of you just tear my mind apart,
I want to end but dont know where to start,
Dream of all those times you showed me how to share,
Now its much too late to be a man again,
The bottle seems the only way

The chorus goes...
Coz' Im a prisoner of passion yeah!
Just a sucker for emotion
A prisoner of passion yeah,
on my own.

Stanza 3
Im searching for sanity that I know I'll never find,
Lost in the labyrinth in my mind,
Another weary pilgrim on that broken trail,
Stranded in a land where it never rains,
And the bottle feels like the holy grial

(Chorus)

(Solo)

Coz' Im a prisoner of passion yeah!
Just a sucker for emotion
A prisoner of passion yeah,
A fool without a notion.




6 comments:

Bhargav Rajkhowa said...

so phani's been bitten by the blog bug too.....awesome!!!!!!!

Phani said...

Yes,its still on me

Unknown said...

great! and u hv made me a prisoner of ur blog.

hv u listened to their first album when they were known as Rock Machine and the album was Rock n Roll Renegade. The tracks (most of them) were simply superb. Considering the time it was released and the pressure the indian rock stars faced then to release their creations.

Phani said...

Thank you. Yes,I've heard IC's first album RnR renegade and I too found it really good. In fact this song (PoP) is from that very album.

aditya said...

Hey dude, I too am a big fan of IC. It was the name of your blog that caught my attention. Hope u right some rock stuff too bro! And I also am a big fan of Joe Sat, especially his "Tears in the rain". Anywayz, happy blogging, and keep rocking fella!!!!

The Heretic !!!

Phani said...

Thanks.What a coincidence! I too am a big fan of Satch. Whats even more coincidental is that the song that you've mentioned, Tears in the rain, was the song I played in during FE in my college's festival :)